Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tuesday’s Show and Tail… Hummers

It’s "Tuesday’s Show & Tail" time again, and this time, I get to join in! Angela, over at West Virginia Treasures, has been hosting this special time for several months, and it is always a lot of fun to see all the interesting posts of the people who join in!  This meme let's us share about past or present pets, animal friends we’ve known, or interesting stories about animals.  If you’d like to join, here is the link to the Guidelines.

We have a hummingbird feeder near our front door and get quite a few little hummers that come by to eat. Lots of times, you can see them out there fighting for their territory. Robert was able to get these pictures today, for me to share.







And this short, 15 second video...

4 comments:

Angela said...

I love hummingbirds! They are so fast that it is hard to get a picture of them. Robert did a great job getting those picture of the one at your house!

Do you have them all year round where you live? They usually start leaving here in late September.

Thanks for sharing those wonderful hummers with us this week and a video too!

Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
Angela

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Now that the rose of sharon tree is in full bloom we've been seeing more hummers here in NE Indiana. Normally, in our neck of the woods, we don't see many.
I bet you have them earlier and later than we do...right?
They are such a mystery, and so unique. Humbling and amazing to see, always~

Chatty Crone said...

I love hummingbirds too - have to say Robert got some great pictures. Do you think they ever get tired?

sandie

Betty said...

Hummingbirds wear me out just watching them. I used to put out a feeder, but I stopped because I have cats and don't want to take a chance.