Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Center of Sin…

My husband was talking to me the other day about something that the Lord had shown him… maybe for a future sermon. He said that it had become clear to him that “I” was the center or starting place sin. You might have already thought of this, but I hadn't thought of it in exactly that way.


The very beginning of sin was when Lucifer, chose to put himself first... above God. Isaiah 14:12-14 (NKJV) tells us about it…


The Fall of Lucifer
12 “ How you are fallen from heaven,

O Lucifer, son of the morning!

How you are cut down to the ground,

You who weakened the nations!

13 For you have said in your heart:

‘ I will ascend into heaven,

I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;

I will also sit on the mount of the congregation

On the farthest sides of the north;

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,

I will be like the Most High.’



He put himself above everything else… “I will…” and this is what he lead Eve to do too! He is the Father of Lies, and he told her that she would become as wise as God… She took it from there and put herself above what God had told her. “I” became the center of her focus instead of keeping her focus on God.



Isn’t this the center of ALL sin? We sin whenever we put “I” (ourselves) in front and don’t keep God in the center of our lives… I’ve been thinking about it and so far I haven’t found a sin that doesn’t come from a person putting himself ahead of God or what God asks him to do… like put others first before what we want…


I think this is something I need to think long and hard about until it becomes a part of me… It is MY job to “Seek first the Kingdom of God and HIS righteousness…”and not what "I" want...

2 comments:

Angela said...

What a powerful message Linda! Thanks for sharing it with us today! You are so right, we need to put God first in everything we do.

Hope you have a Blessed Weekend!
Angela

betty said...

totally agree with you and your hubby, Linda. I believe it is also contributed to with pride; we think we are soooo much better than we really are and put ourselves first instead of God. It is a constant battle to get it right (God first).

good message :)

betty