Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pics of Peep-Peep and of Smokey

It’s time for another "Tuesdays' Show & Tail" hosted by Angela over at West Virginia Treasures! She hosts this opportunity for us to share about past or present pets or furry friends we’ve known. If you’d like to join, here is the link to the Guidelines. Angela, we really appreciate this chance to share some of our treasured friends or other interesting animals we’ve seen, and to learn about the friends that have influenced our Blogger friend’s lives.


A few weeks ago, I mentioned that my dog, Bootsie, had raised a baby duck that stayed with the puppies. I found some pics on our old 8MM films that I was able to get a couple of clips out of so that you could see Bootsie and her little duckling, Peep-Peep.








Tonight, I wanted to share some pics of Smokey, one of the cats we had when I was very young… maybe about 3 1/2 years old. I don’t remember much about Smokey, but he must have been a pretty laid back cat, because we have a lot of pictures of him on those old films.





I remember dressing him up in this beautiful Mexican “Fiesta Dress”... a lot…





And I remember that my younger sister and I used to put him in our baby carriage and push him around.




They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so this is getting to be a pretty long post… right? :) Hope you enjoyed the pics even a tiny bit as much as I enjoyed watching those old films to get these clips out! I’m sorry that the films are so old and in such bad shape, but I praise God that my Daddy loved to take “moving pictures!”

6 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Linda!

Oh my gosh Linda! Your pictures are just priceless! You sure are doing a great job making some pictures from your movies! I wish there were movies of me when I was little but there isn't.

Now, I've seen a lot of people dress up their dogs but I don't think I've ever seen a cat dressed up! That was one special cat to let you and your sister play dressup and push it around in a buggy! It's too cute! I had a cat when I was young but we never dressed it up. We did dress the dog up.

Thanks for joining in again this week!

Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
Angela

The imPerfect Housewife said...

A pup raising a duckling - how cute is that??? You've got some great pictures and the fact that they're older I think makes them even more special. LOVE it ~ ♥

ClassyChassy said...

It amazes me that you could get those photos off a movie film! They are adorable, and the cat in a dress??? I am IMPRESSED with that feline's tolerance level! COOL - and what fun for you girls back then!!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

What great pictures! I love the ducky and dog pictures! I just can't get over it! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

How enjoyable. I love the older pictures of the cat all dressed up. Yes, she must have been very easy going. The duck being raised by your dog? What a hoot!!! Our animal friends set such wonderful examples to us, don't they? Looks like you guys had a lot of fun with your animals.

Chatty Crone said...

That is so sweet - I;ve heard of things like that before, but never really saw it in action. Animals are so wonderful. Sandie