Thursday, October 29, 2009

Great Books…






I’ve found some new (to me) Christian Authors recently, and I’ve been enjoying their work so much! The newest one is Karen Kingsbury. I’ve seen her name many times in the literature I get as Church Librarian, but recently, someone donated some of her books to the Library, and while checking them over for appropriateness, I’ve gotten totally hooked!



I’m reading the third one in the “Forever Faithful” series, and these books have all be “edge of the seat” stories that it’s almost impossible to lay down! The characters are all totally real with major problems in their or their friend’s lives, but through the faithfulness of God, they come to find that “Peace that passes understanding” in their lives. The first book in this series is, “Waiting for Morning,” and it is about a woman, Hannah, who is filled with anger, hate and overwhelming pain in her life when her husband and her oldest daughter are killed by a drunk driver. Hannah’s youngest daughter, Jenny, who was also in the car, and survived the accident in body, is deeply damaged emotionally.


The story is heart-wrenching and draws the reader in because we have all experienced these emotions from things that have happened in our own lives. Mrs. Kingsbury is an excellent story teller and pulls no punches about real life problems, but leads her readers to see that God is “Forever Faithful,” to be with us, whether or not we are open to Him when we are blinded by life’s difficult circumstances.

I totally recommend this book, for it reminded me again that the people who are the “thorniest” are often so full of pain and anger that they can’t see anything else, and though they may be the hardest to “love,” they need it the most. I need to remember that God wants to love them through me…

2 comments:

betty said...

I've been reading her books too, Linda, and I enjoy them. I haven't read any of her series yet because I can't find them at the library to start at the right one (like book one of the series, LOL, as opposed to book three of it). I'll have to put this series on my Christmas list though because it sounds good

I like how she dedicates all her books and how she writes dedications to her family and gives credit to the Lord :)

betty

^..^Corgidogmama said...

I really like her stories as well Linda. I just got two new books from Amazon today by Charlene Ann Baumbich. Bet you'd like those too!